To further the mission of Camp Wyldewood through the development and management of the Summer Camp, Day Camp, and the Wyldewood Retreat programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Lead Spiritually: participate and organize worship times. Schedule praise leaders and speakers. Seek out non-traditional ways for campers to experience worship.
- Responsible for marketing Summer Camp, Day Camp and Wyldewood Retreat programs developing new ways to introduce families to Wyldewood.
- Evaluate our programs through statistical analysis of surveys, retention rates, new camper numbers, and other data.
- Help the Executive Director raise money by developing relationships with donors, churches, and fundraising campaigns.
- Create a yearly theme and curriculum for the summer camp program.
- Develop brochures, pamphlets, t-shirts and other material for marketing the Wyldewood programs.
- Plan and implement the calendar for summer camp, day camp, retreats and prepare online registration for all programs.
- Interview and hire approximately 40 seasonal employees to be counselors and staff members. Conduct background and reference checks on all employees.
- Lead staff training including updating the staff handbook as needed.
- Make counselor assignments each session and evaluate the staff throughout the summer.
- Manage volunteer program including: job assignments, housing, and volunteer information packets.
- Help recruit licensed nurses for each session of camp.
- Create camp schedules that maximize experience for the campers.
- Hold staff responsible for monitoring camp property.
- Supervise inspections: ropes course, recreational lake, health department.
- Handle customer service issues with campers, parents, youth ministers, and retreat groups.
- Manage the Day Camp program by making sure we meet all requirements set forth by DHS, hiring a Day Camp Director, and bus drivers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Active member of the Church of Christ
- Experience working with children 5-18 and/or college students
- Ability to motivate, coach, supervise, evaluate and schedule staff
- Arkansas Commercial Driver’s License or willingness to obtain one
- Willingness to travel several times a year for marketing and fundraising purposes
Interested candates should email a resume and a list of three references, including one from an elder at your current congregation, to email@example.com by September 15, 2018.